Anchorage Alaska REALTORs

Providing Anchorage Alaska home buyers information, ideas and answers to assist them in making solid real estate decisions. Marketing for Anchorage Alaska home owners includes a 3D Interactive and Dollhouse view of their home.



Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Anchorage Alaska Potential Real Estate Client


Anchorage Alaska Moose by REMAX Properties Sign

I’m an Anchorage Alaska moose and this is my blog on survival.

I have lived in Anchorage, Alaska for most of my life. I am the largest species in my family and have been overshadowed by my close cousin the deer.  I always stop to enjoy a mild and serene slumber, calmly chewing my herbivorous way through the forest.   I don’t have my own Disney movie, except for a small part in Brother Bear, I remain relatively quiet...unlike the Elk who is very noisy.  Timing wise Bullwinkle came after Bambi and Bullwinkle really wasn’t painted as intelligent. I for the most part have slumbered with little notoriety.

I would like to weigh in my opinion on the tactics of survival, whether it be in nature or the tactic I use.

The first tactic is living day to day within the natural environment.  Walking through lakes, fields and forest to find the watery foliage we need on a daily…hourly…and minute we exist.  On average we consume 9,770 Calories per day to maintain our sleek body weight.  I am almost always eating or sleeping.  The natural environment has some pluses and minuses.  The biggest plus is no human contact, so I can grow as big and majestic as nature allows. The biggest negative is when I grow big and majestic that is the best place for the humans to hunt.

That brings me to the next survival tactic…the one I have followed and recommend. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.  I have decide that living in the big city of Anchorage isn’t so bad.  People seem to be very kind planting new food sources for me around, even the Municipality of Anchorage Government.  Humans don’t mind if I bed down next to the car, shed, house or outbuilding.  I often feel like a big Hollywood star.  People are always slowing down to admire me and take pictures, just like the paparazzi.  My cousin the deer has nothing on me here…I am truly an Anchorage Mascot.  They even tie their dogs up so as not to bother me.  The best part is no one shoots at me here in town…since I don’t camouflage well in the city that’s a good thing. The biggest drawback in the city is finding yourself in the daily commute, but if I get caught in traffic they are usually very courteous and stop for me.  I can always find a tree full of leaves for a real traffic jam. Finally have you ever eaten a washed carrot?  They feed them to me all the time and McDonalds drive up...need I say more.

This is just my opinion and it is open for debate.  Please let me know how you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment